- After the initial workpiece forging or casting phase, reference points must be machined in the ends of the shaft to be lathed, in order to act as fastening elements in the machine and also provide the initial geometrical references.
- GURUTZPE can make the end pre-centre holes using a simple manual centre hole machine, without the need for other expensive equipment.
- This machine basically consists of two X-Y-Z-axis drilling spindles, adjustable to the length of the workpiece and fitted with two support rests adaptable to the required diameters. All manual movements with vernier.
- The reference centres can therefore be made on the blanks, without occupying the main lathe, thus allowing a quick set-up.
- All with minimum investment.
Find out more about our “STEELWORK centre hole machine”>